Ponder Environmental Reduces Invoice Processing Time by 99 Percent While Becoming More Responsive, Safer, and Connected with GeoforceView Our Case Studies
The Geoforce GT-1 GPS Tracker – Made in America
Can you afford to lose visibility of this cargo’s location? For an hour? For a day? For a week? Of course, we all know the answer already: losing visibility into critical assets can mean losing even more: money, time, productivity, safety, sanity…
For Geoforce, the decision to manufacture the GT-1 domestically made the best sense for our business. We are very proud of Geoforce’s recently released GT-1 Satellite GPS Asset Tracker’s superior ruggedness, global reach, as well as its revolutionary capabilities. And we are equally proud of another key difference between the GT-1 and other products on the market. It is designed and manufactured entirely in the United States.
Our decision mirrors the choice of many other companies recently: we decided that manufacturing in North America with our partners at Keytronic just makes good business sense. There are many reasons for our choice:
- Our time to market has been reduced – so this product (and others in development) can get into our customers hands much quicker from the time it’s originally conceived
- We control our quality so much better – at a drop of the hat our team can be right on the production line helping address challenges
- We better manage our inventory – avoiding shortages and delays for customers
- And, YES, domestic manufacturing is now more cost effective
The cover story in the December 2012 issue of The Atlantic Monthly magazine is called “COMEBACK: Why the Future of Industry is in America.” It provides great insight into the types of reasons products from Geoforce and companies like GE are now “Made in America”:
- The Insourcing Boom focuses on GE and their appliance division – and why they are bringing back manufacturing to Appliance Park in Louisville
- Mr. China comes to America – by renowned China expert James Fallows – takes a look at forces inside China which are helping drive manufacturers back to the United States
The articles are great reads and hopefully will help make you even more optimistic about where Geoforce, and our nation as a whole, is headed.