Ponder Environmental Reduces Invoice Processing Time by 99 Percent While Becoming More Responsive, Safer, and Connected with GeoforceView Our Case Studies
Asset tracking can be crucial in creating airtight equipment logistics to reduce job site delays. By implementing effective asset-tracking systems and strategies, construction companies and other industries can optimize their equipment management processes, improve operational efficiency, and minimize downtime caused by delays.
Here’s how asset tracking contributes to achieving these benefits:
- Increased visibility: Asset tracking systems utilize GPS to provide near real-time visibility of equipment locations and statuses. With this information, project managers and logistics teams can quickly identify the availability and location of assets, making it easier to allocate them to specific job sites and projects efficiently.
- Preventative maintenance: Asset tracking systems often include maintenance tracking features that monitor equipment usage and notify maintenance teams about scheduled maintenance or repairs. Proactively addressing maintenance needs can minimize potential breakdowns and equipment failures, reducing unexpected downtime on the job site.
- Optimal asset allocation: Asset tracking data helps identify underutilized or overused equipment. By analyzing this data, project managers can make data-driven decisions to redistribute assets as needed, ensuring that equipment is allocated optimally across various projects. This reduces the chances of equipment shortages or excess inventory, leading to smoother operations.
- Theft prevention: Equipment theft is a significant concern on construction sites and other workplaces. Asset tracking systems with geofencing capabilities can trigger alerts when equipment is moved outside designated areas without authorization, enabling rapid response and recovery. This enhances security and minimizes delays caused by theft.
- Improved scheduling: Project managers can better plan and schedule equipment use with near real-time asset tracking. They can avoid clashes where multiple projects require the same equipment simultaneously, preventing delays due to equipment unavailability or conflicts.
- Data-driven decision-making: Asset tracking generates valuable data about equipment usage patterns, downtime, maintenance requirements, etc. Analyzing this data helps make informed decisions to optimize logistics and improve overall project performance, ultimately reducing job site delays.
By integrating asset-tracking solutions into their operations, companies can streamline equipment logistics, reduce downtime, and improve overall efficiency, resulting in significant cost savings and improved project timelines.
Geoforce was founded in 2007 with the simple belief that the chaos and pain of field operations could be alleviated with technology. Since 2007, our mission has been to build the largest global network of connected field assets to provide operational intelligence to companies involved in field operations worldwide.
Combining a cloud-based software platform with rugged GPS tracking devices on both global satellite and cellular networks, Geoforce’s solutions provide:
- Efficient asset location and retrieval.
- Rental invoice auditing.
- Service delivery verification.
- Inspection compliance.
- Equipment maintenance alerts.
Our core values unite our team at Geoforce and help us deliver exceptional products and services to our customers, and keep our company rooted in growth and innovation.