I can’t tell you how excited I am today – and in fact our entire team is – to finally be in our new office! Those of you who have been to our previous space certainly understand our excitement. We were on top of each other, inventory was crammed into every space imaginable, our space was broken up into non-contiguous suites, and we didn’t have sufficient dock access to support our growing stream of shipments. Of course all of this was driven by our exponential growth, so it was a good problem to have. But still quite a pain. We had a few simple goals in finding our next office:
- Obviously, we needed more room… lots more room.
- We needed a plan for growth; if we keep doubling in size every year like we have been, we would need space again soon.
- We wanted to be on the first floor to help make shipping and receiving easier.
- We needed a loading dock with easy access for our friends’ trucks from FedEx and UPS.
- We wanted plenty of conference room, teaming and break area space, including areas for brainstorming (we love whiteboards!).
- For our software developers, we wanted an area that encouraged communication and collaboration.
- For our hardware developers, we wanted a test lab area.
- We wanted an on-site fitness center, to keep us all in shape.
- Finally, and most importantly, we wanted a great coffee machine!
Suffice to say we think we accomplished all these goals in our new space at 750 Canyon Drive, Suite 140, in Coppell, Texas. We hope you come and visit us soon! (we make great coffee)