Ponder Environmental Reduces Invoice Processing Time by 99 Percent While Becoming More Responsive, Safer, and Connected with GeoforceView Our Case Studies
Why You Need to Stop Manually Tracking Your Assets and Go Digitial
It’s time to take the leap to digital asset management. Matched with rugged GPS trackers, you’ll be streamlining your operations in no time.
Are you using spreadsheets and paper-based systems to attempt to track your assets? Stop. These manual methods are riddled with room for error, can suck a lot of your valuable time, and can be very difficult to maintain (especially if multiple hands or departments are utilizing them.) Digitizing your asset tracking (aka using software to manage and monitor your assets) has ample benefits for your organization such as improved efficiency, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness.
And did you know? GPS asset trackers can be the perfect solution for your organization. Not only do they track your assets’ location (which decreases time and resources spent searching for them), but they also have software solutions that provide accessibility to data, the ability to scale your asset management, and help you achieve what you want to accomplish through digitization
Here’s why you should transition from manual asset tracking to digitization through GPS tracking and what you gain by doing so:
1. Accuracy: Manual asset tracking methods can lead to errors in data entry, resulting in inaccurate records. GPS tracking eliminates this issue by automatically recording asset locations and movements precisely.
2. Efficiency: GPS tracking eliminates the need for manual data collection and entry, saving time and reducing the risk of human errors. This efficiency can lead to improved productivity across your organization.
3. Visibility: With GPS tracking, you gain complete visibility into the whereabouts of your assets at any given moment. This is particularly useful for managing assets across different locations or in transit.
4. Theft Prevention and Recovery: GPS tracking helps deter theft and aids in asset recovery if deterrence wasn’t enough. You can quickly pinpoint the location of stolen assets and work with law enforcement for retrieval.
5. Optimized Resource Allocation: Knowing the near real-time location and availability of assets enables better resource allocation. You can assign assets to projects, jobs, or tasks more effectively, reducing downtime and increasing utilization.
6. Schedule Asset Maintenance and Maintain Compliance: GPS tracking can be integrated with maintenance schedules and alerts. This ensures that assets are serviced promptly based on usage, reducing downtime and extending asset lifecycles. It also aids in compliance with regulations that require regular maintenance.
7. Geofencing and Alerts: Set up geofences, which are virtual boundaries around specific areas. When an asset enters or exits these boundaries, you receive alerts. This is useful for tracking asset movements and ensuring they stay in or out of designated areas.
8. Data-Driven Insights: GPS tracking systems often provide data analytics and reporting features. You can analyze asset utilization, travel patterns, and historical data to make informed decisions about asset allocation and management strategies.
9. Cost Savings: By optimizing asset utilization, reducing theft, and preventing unnecessary downtime, GPS tracking can lead to significant cost savings over time.
10. Scalability: GPS tracking solutions are scalable, making it easy to manage a growing number of assets across various locations as your organization expands.
11. Near Real-Time Tracking: GPS tracking provides near real-time location updates for your assets. This allows you to monitor movement and status, enabling quicker responses to any issues or incidents.
By implementing a GPS tracking solution, you can effectively transition from manual asset tracking to digitization and keep tabs on all of your assets. All these things lead to an increase in operational efficiency, reduced errors, better decision-making based on accurate asset data, and so much more.
How Can Geoforce Help?
Geoforce offers a range of solutions to help you alleviate the chaos and pain of field operations with technology. Since 2007, our mission has been to build the largest global network of connected field assets to provide operational intelligence to companies involved in field operations worldwide.
- Efficient asset location and retrieval
- Rental invoice auditing
- Service delivery verification
- Inspection compliance
- Equipment maintenance alerts
Our core values unite our team at Geoforce, help us deliver exceptional products and services to our customers, and keep our company rooted in growth and innovation.