Ponder Environmental Reduces Invoice Processing Time by 99 Percent While Becoming More Responsive, Safer, and Connected with GeoforceView Our Case Studies
GPS (Global Positioning System) asset tracking significantly impacts global visibility in international supply chain management compared to other types of tracking solutions. Global visibility refers to tracking and monitoring the movement and status of goods, vehicles, and assets throughout the supply chain, regardless of location.
Here are some ways in which GPS asset tracking enhances global visibility in international supply chain management:
- Interval-Based Reporting: Utilizing Geoforce, our GPS asset tracking provides interval-based reporting, which means we’re able to track your assets regularly, either in intervals or when your assets move. This information gives you peace of mind knowing you’ll consistently receive information about your assets so you can continue to make informed decisions and respond quickly to any issues or delays.
- Improved Inventory Management: GPS tracking enables better inventory management by providing accurate information about the location and status of assets in transit.
- Route Optimization: GPS tracking allows supply chain managers to optimize shipment routes, minimizing transportation costs and transit times. It also helps avoid traffic congestion, accidents, and other route-related delays.
- Enhanced Security: GPS tracking enhances the security of assets and shipments. In the event of theft or unauthorized access, tracking data can be used to recover stolen assets and provide evidence for insurance claims and legal actions.
- Predictive Analytics: By collecting historical GPS data, supply chain managers can use predictive analytics to anticipate delays, bottlenecks, and other issues in the supply chain. This proactive approach helps in preventing disruptions and ensuring on-time deliveries.
- Compliance and Documentation: GPS tracking can assist in compliance with international regulations and documentation requirements. For example, it can help verify the accuracy of customs declarations and provide proof of delivery for regulatory purposes.
- Cost Reduction: By optimizing routes, reducing inventory holding costs, and preventing theft and losses, GPS asset tracking can contribute to significant cost savings in the supply chain.
- Sustainability: GPS tracking helps reduce the carbon footprint of supply chains by optimizing transportation routes and reducing fuel consumption. This aligns with sustainability goals and environmental regulations.
GPS asset tracking is crucial in enhancing global visibility for international supply chain management. It provides near real-time data, enables proactive decision-making, improves security, and contributes to cost savings and sustainability efforts, all of which are essential for the efficient and effective management of global supply chains.
So, where does Geoforce come in? Geoforce was founded in 2007 with the simple belief that the chaos and pain of field operations could be alleviated with technology. Since 2007, our mission has been to build the largest global network of connected field assets to provide operational intelligence to companies involved in field operations worldwide. See how we can help you track your valuable assets by starting a quote.
Combining a cloud-based software platform with rugged GPS tracking devices on both global satellite and cellular networks, Geoforce’s solutions provide:
- Efficient asset location and retrieval.
- Rental invoice auditing.
- Service delivery verification.
- Inspection compliance.
- Equipment maintenance alerts.
Our core values unite our team at Geoforce, help us deliver exceptional products and services to our customers, and keep our company rooted in growth and innovation.