Ponder Environmental Reduces Invoice Processing Time by 99 Percent While Becoming More Responsive, Safer, and Connected with GeoforceView Our Case Studies
Electronic Logging Device
Can you afford to lose visibility of this cargo’s location? For an hour? For a day? For a week? Of course, we all know the answer already: losing visibility into critical assets can mean losing even more: money, time, productivity, safety, sanity…
An Electronic Logging Device (ELD) is a GPS productivity tracker for equipment. They can be used for any vehicle fleet, including as a tracker for plant equipment. ELDs are placed in every vehicle in your fleet to automatically record Hours of Service (HOS) and driving time while monitoring vehicle movement, engine hours, location, and miles driven.
ELDs are highly efficient, collecting data by synching up with the vehicle’s engine. This means less paperwork, speedier inspections, and reduced risk for error. Compliance is also easier with the hard data provided by ELDs.
Electronic Log Data
So, what kind of data is provided by ELD devices for trucks?
ELDs collect data on…
- Hours of Service (HOS)
- Driving time
- Vehicle movement
- Engine hours
- Miles driven
- Harsh braking, acceleration, and accident data
Every piece of an ELD system works together to provide reliable and accurate data.
Geoforce’s GO device collects this data and displays it in an easy-to-use user interface. The GO device sends engine and location data to MyGeotab. The Drive App also sends the driver’s duty status to MyGeotab. Then, data from the Drive App and the GO device are combined to create an accurate representation and written record of duty status.
Benefits of Electronic Log Data Software
ELDs are required by the FMCSA. Electronic log data eliminates dangerous loopholes that can keep drivers on the road for too long. They also remove room for human error, which can cause harmful effects for both drivers and the public.
Aside from being important for driver and public safety, ELDs offer many other benefits to your company. They help you save time and money by reducing paperwork. Record-keeping is simpler than ever with auto-updating log data. You have access to your driver data in real time, so you can be confident in the accuracy of your records at all times. You can even use electronic log data to improve your HOS BASIC score by managing the factors that influence it.
So, most everyone is required to have an ELD for their fleet. Why should you get yours from Geoforce?
Geoforce’s Go device uses revolutionary technology and advanced data collection to give you a detailed picture of your fleet’s activity. Plus, installation is quick and easy, so you won’t need the help of professional installers.
Easy to Install
- Plugs directly into the vehicle’s OBDII Port
- For vehicles without an OBDII port, adapters are available that will fit other data interfaces and vehicles
- Quick and easy installation does not require special tools or professional installers
- Latest firmware and configuration are automatically applied over-the-air at time of install thanks to a comprehensive provisioning process
- Rich driver and vehicle information, including fault diagnostics, fuel usage, instrument cluster data, and Hours of Service data (with some subscriptions)
- Compatible with diverse vehicle types: hybrids, electric vehicles, delivery vans, and highway trucks
- Longevity is built in—room and power for new features for many years to come thanks to a powerful 32-bit processor with 4x more memory and 5x more RAM
Advanced Data Capture
- Gathers data from the engine, the drivetrain, the instrument cluster and many other vehicle subsystems
- Collects second-by-second data accuracy of ignition on, trip distance and time, engine idling, and speed
- Increasingly accurate location data with updated Global Navigation Satellite GNNS module (GLONASS + GPS support)
- Advanced harsh braking, acceleration, and accident data supported by a gyroscope, which analyzes the angular and diagonal movements
- Detailed engine data for all major motor, car, and truck manufacturers from North America, Europe, South America, and Asia
Find the right ELD for you
Ready to find the right ELD for your fleet? Choosing the right ELD devices for trucks can simplify the way you run your business and keep drivers safer while they’re on the road.
Click here to learn more about ELDs from Geoforce.