The first in a series of posts with Tips & Tricks to get the most out of the Geoforce Application. Did you know that within the Geoforce web application you are able to set a map pin color for your assets as well as a flag color? These attributes are reflected on the map and on some reports. You can set the map pin color on an individual asset by clicking on the asset name in the list view, then selecting a color on the “Edit” tab, or in bulk by using the “Tools” button from the list view. When looking at the map in the web application or on your mobile device, the outer color is the map pin color and the inner color in the circle indicates the flag color.
Some great examples of how you can use map pin color and flag color for your assets:
- Set a map pin color to indicate equipment type
- Use flags to indicate maintenance is required for an asset
- Use flags in combination with a notification to indicate when an asset enters or exits a defined location
- Use map pin colors to denote ownership of an asset for a particular individual or group within your organization.
- When viewing the map, any reporting device that isn’t assigned to an asset is shown as a red pin with a black flag, and can be seen by selecting the Unassigned Tags option. Use this mode to find and address any devices that are unaccounted for in your inventory.
Examples for the list view and bulk tools for setting the map pin color: