Gary brings to Geoforce a quarter century of experience bringing M2M-type communications technology to life, and into high-volume production. Gary brings Geoforce’s clients a broad spectrum of capabilities centered on solution innovation, design, transfer to production and delivery of high-volume, high-quality, low-cost radio telemetry products. Over his career, he has seen millions of endpoint devices fielded in wireless metering and satellite communications with his core technology embedded.
An inventor on eleven issued patents and several pending in M2M communications. Gary joined Geoforce as part of the merger with Sypes Canyon Communications, where he was co-founder and CTO. At Sypes Canyon, Gary developed the ZEMO and MYTE satellite transmitter, a patented and integral part of the Geoforce GT1 and GT0 products which leverage utility and size of the MYTE, all of which are now part of the intellectual property of Geoforce.
Prior to Sypes Canyon, Gary was CTO of Orbit One Communications (acquired by Numerex, NASDAQ: NMRX in 2007) where he developed the SX1 satellite tracking tag. Prior to Orbit One, Gary was CTO and VP Business Development of Axonn (acquired by GlobalStar NASDAQ: GSAT in 2009). At Axonn, Gary led the team that developed the endpoint core technology of Globalstar Simplex data services resulting in the STX2 satellite transmitter and the various Axonn satellite tracker devices. With very few exceptions, everything that operates over Globalstar Simplex has Gary’s imprint.
Gary holds a BSEE degree from Kansas State University. He is an avid outdoorsman and skier in his hometown of Bozeman, MT where Geoforce has their hardware development R&D center.
Previous Security clearance:
- U.S. Top Secret, SCI (expired)
- US Patents issued 5,920,589; 5,999,561; 6,639,939; 7,337,061; 7,447,694; 7,099,770; 7,705,777; 8,374,228; 9,094,022; 9,122,515; 9,225,383
- Other domestic & international patents pending
- Author of “Going the Distance”, GPS World, October 2003
- Author of “Global Asset Management”, GPS World, February 2015
- Panel participant and speaker at numerous Military RFID, Satellite Communications and Asset Management conferences.